Video. Editing. Community.

Ranting

Re: Ranting

Post by Guest on 14th November 2010, 12:01 am

Sometimes, I don't know why I bother editing. I get so disappointed with the view count and comments and it's a real downer.
People will say "those things don't matter" and "subs don't matter" but in truth, they do and people can be very hypocritical about it.
You wouldn't recite a speech to a room of sleeping people and you wouldn't upload a video somewhere if you weren't proud of it and wanted to share it with others.
I've made people birthday videos and dedications and because I didn't personally tell them that I made it for them, they never saw them. Some of them saw them maybe months later. That sucked. It made me really upset.
I try to make a conscious effort to watch what's in my sub box maybe once a week, including my shared videos. I think that if someone shares a video with me, I should honor them by watching it. I've met new editors and seen some awesome work that way! And before someone says it, I don't have a lot of free time working 40-48 hour weeks at work. xP
I just don't get subscribing and then never watching any videos. Some people upload a video and have 300 views in an hour and that's without the autoplay function.
You either have active subscribers or you don't. I want to be active.
On my previous channel, I had 1,117 subscribers after I cleared out closed and suspended accounts. When I uploaded a video..the max views I ever got was 200 on average. I was grateful to the regular people who always rated and commented but when the rest didn't, I felt like my vids weren't good enough. I was frustrated by the editors who had 500 subs and got 1,000 views and hundreds of comments in a day. That always made me so upset. What was I doing wrong?
I hope I didn't offend anyone by writing this. It's how I feel and I'm not sorry.
Thanks if you read it. :)
IvySnowQueen
Epic Director
Epic Director

Female Age : 23
Vidding Points : 2745

Post by IvySnowQueen on 14th November 2010, 2:55 am

I can't believe it! =O Someone unsubbed me! D: I had 50 subs. But now I have 49. WTF?!

I can't get why someone subs you and then, a few months later, unsubs you. If you don't like my work, then just don't sub me. It's simple. I don't think I'm worst than before, maybe I've improved my skills just a little, haven't I? It's like "Hey, I don't care about what you do, so stop filling my sub box with your stupid vids". I know subs are not important, and those kind of things, but it makes me feel quiet bad -_- I was so happy when I reached 50 subs... damn, I'm sad =( I just feel like it doesn't matter how many vids I do and how much I improve my skills, people just doesn't care about it u______u'

So I understand how it feels like, Mel =/ The difference is that your vids rock and YOU ROCK, and mines don't XD (and I DON'T rock at all lol)

pd.: Sorry for the spelling or grammar mistakes, I'm feeling quite down and I don't feel like paying attention to my English u__________u'

DannyDomoSan
Creator God
Creator God

Male Age : 23
YT-Name : Daniel
Vidding Points : 2978

Post by DannyDomoSan on 14th November 2010, 6:14 am

@Ivy
Don't Worry About It. Subs aren't important its just a number.
Just Edit the Best To Your Abilities. And Spread The Word.
If they can't like your editting its their loss. :D

And look at your comment box. :D

[ Main YouTube Account ] [ Backup YouTube Account ][ Backup 2 YouTube Account ][ DevianArt ]
VanitasNomsChaky
Vidder For Life
Vidder For Life

Female Age : 20
YT-Name : Chakylin
Vidding Points : 2569

Post by VanitasNomsChaky on 14th November 2010, 11:40 am

My Vegas -__- Oh my lovely Vegas.
Uninstall-ed and reinstalled four times already. No opening projects, no importing projects. Play back is showing completely black now. I can't work on overdue birthday videos, them being due about 5 or so days ago. It breaks my heart to see that I can't to this. Although, I am glad I have one project that I can work on. The only thing the successfully opens (though it opens with Vegas itself). No matter what I try, it spazzes D8<

No Sora. You're doin' it wrong...
IvySnowQueen
Epic Director
Epic Director

Vidding Points : 2745

Post by IvySnowQueen on 14th November 2010, 11:41 pm

@Danny OMG that's so nice =3 *hugs* Thanks for cheering me up! ^.^ And also for the sub <333333 I know I shouldn't care about a number, but it really made me feel bad XDDD But now I'm ok :D Thanks Danny! ^__________^

DannyDomoSan
Creator God
Creator God

Post by DannyDomoSan on 15th November 2010, 1:39 am

No Prob. :D
Now, For My Ranting.

I had no school on Thursday. And My Dad Decided to go out that night. Like go out and play poker. ugh..anyway, I was home alone around 11pm doing homework where I get a call that my dad car broke down, so he wanted me to go out in the dark around 11pm biking to where he is, and help him. Where as in helping him also involved yelling at me for no apparent reason.

We get home finally but it was already around 4am and I have to be in school at 6am. and I still had to do my homework. so I didn't get any sleep. But when around 4th period
[ 11am-ish ] I start throwing up. I go home after that. I fell asleep on a chair in my living room. When My dad got home, he started yelling at me, made me stand up, and start cleaning the floor, and when I was trying to tell him that I had to leave early today, he said he didn't give a f**king shit. and I just lock myself in my room after that.

just thought I should get that out.

[ Main YouTube Account ] [ Backup YouTube Account ][ Backup 2 YouTube Account ][ DevianArt ]
Supon
Creator God
Creator God

Female Age : 25
Vidding Points : 6078

Post by Supon on 24th November 2010, 8:32 pm

it seems that I have failed a class... or well, at least the home exam so now I either have to redo the whole exam or add things, which one I won't find out until tomorrow D: And I was feeling so good about this exam too! Oh well, hopefully it will be some small, but crucial part of the exam that I have missed and can make up for quickly.. and also, I am not alone to fail the exam,as 92% of everyone that took it failed it ^^"
ThaliaAnderson
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Female Age : 22
Vidding Points : 4034

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 26th November 2010, 11:36 pm

1) If you want a rant, just read this.

2) I've been getting these things that feel like mini-heart attacks. I had a really bad one after seeing Harry Potter that lasted for almost an hour; breathing becomes so hard, but we have no idea what's wrong, and we don't have money to take me to a doctor.

3) My back. adjhkasthkasdtrjdksng

4) My English teacher hasn't inputed my makeup work from seven weeks ago into her gradebook, so it says I have a B in English. Also, I'm really bad at taking science tests, even though I understand everything in class, so it seems as if I have a D in Honors Biology, when I totally understand the material but I'm just bad at science tests. And I was almost understanding my math class finally, but it seems as if being gone because of back&breathing has thrown me off again.

5) I want to write desperately so my editor can finally read something new, but I can't form thoughts into words and it's driving me crazy.

6) I'm trying to learn how to sell my photomanipulations, but I just can't figure it all out.

ankdjfhakletuhsbgv

7) Refer back to #1: my best friend of four years decided to ignore me this entire year for no apparent reason. And I'm not strong enough to look her in the eye and ask why, nor am I brave enough to make new friends.

I am sooo done with 10th grade. >>

Thalia's Book Reviews

Post by Guest on 27th November 2010, 12:12 am

@ Thalia your #2 sounds like a panic attack. :O
ThaliaAnderson
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 27th November 2010, 12:24 am

I thought so too at first, except when they come it makes no sense. The first time I had an attack I was getting ready to go to bed. The second was when I was watching G.I Joe in my family room. And then the most recent while watching Harry Potter? I get stressed pretty easily, but I wasn't stressed at any of those times. =/

Thalia's Book Reviews
Supon
Creator God
Creator God

Post by Supon on 27th November 2010, 5:19 pm

@Thalia: ouch, something like mini heart attacks? D: That just sounds awful, plus you already have you back being mean to you to begin with D: I hope that things will work themselves out and that you don't have anything horrible, because you don't deserve to be ill in any way.

And regarding your best friend that no longer talks to you: that is just very silly and a horrible way to treat a person, especially as you have been best friends for so long! You deserve so much more better as you are a great person and shouldn't have to feel this way. I hope you will be able to move on from her and that the pain she has caused will lessen with time as you deserve to be happy and not to worry about this. Love you Thalia <3
KellliiiBellliii
Origins of Vidding
Origins of Vidding

YT-Name : Kelly
Vidding Points : 5804

Post by KellliiiBellliii on 28th November 2010, 2:47 am

Aww Thalia I hope everything works out for you :[ I'm sorry I haven't been able to log onto chat to talk with you but I hope everything turns out better :[

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lately I've been seriously depressed and down and this has never happened to me before. I've never been depressed for more than five minutes but this year, I'm always down and upset all the time.
And I get even more upset because I'm upset. Normally I'm happy and giddy but I just stopped talking in school and I ignore calls, IMs, messages, and texts from my friends. I think it's the stress of college applications and my lack of talent in everything I do.
I feel like I have no friends and my personality is just horrible.
For the past month, I've canceled on all plans with my friends and spend most of my time in my room. I'm happier when I'm online and talking to some online friends and when I'm on Tumblr. But there are a few people from my school that follow me on Tumblr and I always feel like they are judging me.
And grrrr I'm so mad at myself for being upset for so long. I think it really is just stress from college apps since I come from a top high school where we get over 50 people a year going into the Ivys and 65% of the rest of my school gets into the top 30 schools of the nation. I'm applying to top schools but I feel like my chances of getting in are so low and I'm constantly being overshadowed by the other people in my school. One reason why it sucks being an average asian and going to an asian dominant school where everybody is a freaking genius.

I just want my last year of high school to be over with

VanitasNomsChaky
Vidder For Life
Vidder For Life

Post by VanitasNomsChaky on 28th November 2010, 6:44 am

Oh wow Thalia D: So sorry to hear about all of that.

My rant: Seems as if my best friend for seven years doesn't want, nor need me anymore. She promises that we will stay close, even with moving away but she's the one that breaks it. I mean, 10 minutes away? Seriously? That's not far at all. Never making the effort to reply to my texts, email and phone calls? and on top of that, having the nerve to say its my fault? What the hell? Nice to know that seven years means nothing in your book.

KellliiiBellliii
Origins of Vidding
Origins of Vidding

Post by KellliiiBellliii on 28th November 2010, 7:04 am

Awww Chaky I hope everything with your friend works out :[ 10 minutes away isn't far at all :[ Maybe it's just a stage and everything will improve later on :] I hope it turns out okay for you

VanitasNomsChaky
Vidder For Life
Vidder For Life

Post by VanitasNomsChaky on 28th November 2010, 7:11 am

Thanks Kelly =) <3 I hope so too.

Pikazoid
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor

Female Age : 19
YT-Name : Elizabeth
Vidding Points : 3270

Post by Pikazoid on 28th November 2010, 7:17 am

...I just noticed that tomorrow is Sunday. Why can't you be any longer, Thanksgiving break? D8

ThaliaAnderson
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 28th November 2010, 8:19 am

@Su: Thanks darling. <3 It feels good to know that I have people like you looking out for me. <33

@Kelly: Dear, you just need someone else to tell you how amazing you are for your to realize it yourself. Trust me, last year when you told me your SAT score, I asked my math teacher how many points were possible, and you were just 50 points away from having a perfect score. You're totally brilliant and you'll have no problem getting into a top school. I know that everything will be perfect for you, because you don't deserve anything less than amazing. Everyone has their time when they need to be away from a lot of people and just think (that's me almost every day of my life, hahaha). Things will brighten up, I promise. <33

@Chaky: Ugh, trust me, I know just how you feel! Looks like you and I will have to stick together and show them who's boss!

Thalia's Book Reviews
Supon
Creator God
Creator God

Post by Supon on 28th November 2010, 1:20 pm

@kelly: aw honey! Like you yourself said it is probably stress that is causing you to feel down and once you have put all those things behind you that causes the stress, things will get better. Though it would be great if you didn't feel stressed to begin with, but being in senior year is rather stressful at times. And don't think so low about yourself, as you are really bright and smart! And everything will work out in the end I'm sure of it <3

@Thalia: <3<3

@Chaky: Still amazes me how some people act.. blames it on you? That's just.. wierd... I hope that everything will work out for the best for you in the end! <3
annasukasuperfan
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Vidding Points : 3351

Post by annasukasuperfan on 28th November 2010, 1:59 pm

Man, maybe it's just an impression but it seems this year it's stressing for everyone. I was just saying last week that 2010 is the worst year of all in our life(with "our" i mean me and my classmates because we're not having good time now); I'm doing the senior year too and i really can't wait for the end, even if our teachers keep saying us that it's really difficult and we may have to bleed. Not having vegas has been really horrible because i had no more something to spend time with when i'm alone, fortunately we(me and classmates) started to keep closer each others.
@Chaky: i don't know your situation right now so i can't tell you what to do, now i just can say you should relax and take a long breathe. A frontal face not always resolve things, but sometimes the worst thing that could happen is let time go on...
just keep high your moral and remember that: if you've been togheter 7 years, you'll be togheter again within 7 days ;)

VanitasNomsChaky
Vidder For Life
Vidder For Life

Post by VanitasNomsChaky on 30th November 2010, 8:21 am

@Kelly
sorry I didn't say anything -Kicks self- I'm really sorry to hear that D: I hope you fel better soon.

@Thalia
Yeah o:<

@Su
Idk xD; People confuse me to the limit.

@Anna
Wow I never thought about it that way xD Thanks <3

KellliiiBellliii
Origins of Vidding
Origins of Vidding

Post by KellliiiBellliii on 30th November 2010, 11:41 pm

@Thalia and Su. Ahhh you guys know how much I love you two right <3 Thank youuu

@Chaky hehe it's alright and thank you sooo much :]

KellliiiBellliii
Origins of Vidding
Origins of Vidding

Post by KellliiiBellliii on 1st December 2010, 7:01 am

*starts another rant*

ARGH ARGH ARGH so my college application deadline is December 1, which is TOMORROW. And I finished about three other colleges but I have one more. I called the school and it turns out that they have me applying as an Austin College student rather than University of Texas at Austin. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF Austin college is ranked like 308 in the nation. UT Austin is ranked top 30. There's a HUGE difference and now I have about a day to write two more college essays. GRRRRR. And I shouldn't be on here but I needed to vent.
Writing college essays is such a time consuming tedious process. For my other schools, I took a few months to write my essays. But now I have two days. Fackkkkkk.
Good thing is that my essays under pressure are always good and what I have written down is pretty good so far. I'm almost done actually which is pretty awesome. But AHHHH. Stupid Texas thinks I'm a bobo and applying to a different school.

Another load of stress. Whoopeee

Supon
Creator God
Creator God

Post by Supon on 1st December 2010, 9:50 am

@kelly: aw~! Now that just.. sucks! I hope everything will work out and knowing you, you'll do great on the essay! And just think of how nice it will be after those two days off stress! ^^" <3
KellliiiBellliii
Origins of Vidding
Origins of Vidding

Post by KellliiiBellliii on 1st December 2010, 11:10 pm

@Su awww thakn you darlinggg :] I managed to finish everything in less than 5 hours because I'm super pro like that ;D hahahaha but yeah. Now comes the waiting period :[ I'll know my results in January or April :[

DannyDomoSan
Creator God
Creator God

Post by DannyDomoSan on 1st December 2010, 11:15 pm

I Went to a math contest today. I got disqualified.
This is why.

I was given 3 sheets of scratch paper. Then The Test.
20 mins. But When It was over. they come over to me asking me,
where's your answer sheet? and I'm Like What Answer Sheet?
The lady goes through my papers and I did my scratch work on the back of the paper.

And I ask, Can I write my answers? They said no because I was already disqualified.
IT was HER Fault that she didnt tell me there was an answer sheet.

So MY school didnt get any points from me. :(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24th June 2017, 9:04 am