So Jessie has entrusted the Awards to me now that she's stepped down, and I'm really determined to make this year a really great year for the awards. Due to various reasons we were waylaid with getting results out last year, so this time around, our focus will be efficiency, teamwork and planning.
Changes for 2015:
- I will be personally recruiting people to be judges, as well as opening the sign-ups to the general public. We were far too few in number this year, which is part of the reason we got so far behind. Sometimes people just need to be invited.
- As soon as the deadline for entries passes, all categories will go up to allow people to start judging right away. Each judge will have 4 categories that they are assigned to judge. There will be an overall deadline for all categories, but judges will be expected to complete their first set by a certain date, and continue to hand in the other sets at intervals so that the deadlines are staggered.
- As shown by the result of the public and judges' polls carried out last year, the majority were in favour of having all category videos and results videos on the main GMVA channel. All entries and marks should be submitted on that channel too.
- I will be going through mark schemes and making sure they all adhere to the universal weighting implemented last year (5 sections /20 all with 4 /5 sub-sections.
- I want to open the awards by the beginning of November. A bit short on time, I know, but I've already started making the opening video.
- The categories are as follows:
I'm thinking of scrapping:
• Tributes, as it can be incorporated into canon or other categories where editing is the focus.
• Comedy, as humour could be incorporated into emotion?
• Crossover, as crossovers are generally stories or pairings, and can therefore fit into storyteller and/or romance.
• Perhaps combining Group and Collab?
Feel free to fight to keep any of these categories. I just feel like 18 categories is A LOT.
Please let me know if you'd like to return as a judge for this year! Also please let me know your skype so I can add you to the chat :)