I'm Vidding It !

Video. Editing. Community.


You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Offtopic » Games » 

The Future of Final Fantasy

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 1st April 2011, 5:24 pm

ThreadstoTwelve

avatar
Epic Director
Epic Director
Oops that wasn't directed at you Rachelplum
It was directed at someone I can't seem to find who said that the games were more like a waste of her money...So I said "Don't buy it, and let us enjoy it"

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreadstoTwelve http://www.youtube.com/Threadsto12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAecDssQJ0&list=UU_TkGVkgtGKNENHRnbxR1XQ http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreadstoTwelve http://twineofthetwelve.deviantart.com/ http://threadstotwelve.livejournal.com/ http://www.formspring.me/ThreadstoTwelve

27 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 2nd April 2011, 11:05 am

BlehxIshxMe

avatar
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor
@ThreadstoTwelve wrote:Oops that wasn't directed at you Rachelplum
It was directed at someone I can't seem to find who said that the games were more like a waste of her money...So I said "Don't buy it, and let us enjoy it"

Uhm...harsh much? I never said people couldn't enjoy it. I just said that I, personally, could not, if the games continued down the path they are going. Just my opinion. : / Like, I don 't want to spend sixty dollars on a game that I only half enjoyed, you know? No need to get all defensive. <3 xD I'm really not hating, even though it seems like I am. I'm not very good with articulating what I'm feeling. xD Final Fantasy is one of the first series I've ever played, like a lot of us here. Of course it holds some sentimental value. I understand that nothing can ever stay the same, but what 'made' Square was their old school games, such as 6 and 7. xD Once again, this is just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm right. xD A lot of fans did enjoy Final Fantasy 13 and the newer games, and a lot of them did not. That's all. xD

http://www.youtube.com/BlehxIshxMe http://blehxishxme.deviantart.com http://www.formspring.me/BlehxIshxMe

28 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 2nd April 2011, 7:24 pm

ThaliaAnderson

avatar
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness
Hey, wait a year after the release and then buy it. It's like, twenty-five dollars. That's how I got FFXIII, hahhaha.

& SE was making FFXIII for yeeeears. Like, as soon as the PS3 made its debut they were starting work on the game ASAP. So it takes a looong while, especially with the graphics they're going for. But hopefully that means it'll be worth the wait when it does come out.


___________________________________



Thalia's Book Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/leecrew82 http://www.youtube.com/user/ThaliaAnderson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnWE1z0P1Y&feature=channel_video_title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcd4bbS8_vs&list=PL4AB49A5B3A042F21&index=1&feature=plpp_video http://www.thaliasbooks.tumblr.com http://www.thaliaanderson.deviantart.com http://www.formspring.com/ThaliaAnderson

29 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 3rd April 2011, 9:22 am

BlehxIshxMe

avatar
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor
Baha, but the bad thing is is that I do get excited about the series, so it's just ajsjdas. Idk. I'm a failure. xD

And I know, but in addition, they've been working on Versus, too. I dunno. xD We'll see how it is! Like I previously said, I would just like a release date. <3

http://www.youtube.com/BlehxIshxMe http://blehxishxme.deviantart.com http://www.formspring.me/BlehxIshxMe

30 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 3rd April 2011, 9:44 am

Tenshi Kasumi

avatar
Vidder For Fun
Vidder For Fun
@BlehxIshxMe wrote:
@ThreadstoTwelve wrote:Oops that wasn't directed at you Rachelplum
It was directed at someone I can't seem to find who said that the games were more like a waste of her money...So I said "Don't buy it, and let us enjoy it"

Uhm...harsh much? I never said people couldn't enjoy it. I just said that I, personally, could not, if the games continued down the path they are going. Just my opinion. : / Like, I don 't want to spend sixty dollars on a game that I only half enjoyed, you know? No need to get all defensive. <3 xD I'm really not hating, even though it seems like I am. I'm not very good with articulating what I'm feeling. xD Final Fantasy is one of the first series I've ever played, like a lot of us here. Of course it holds some sentimental value. I understand that nothing can ever stay the same, but what 'made' Square was their old school games, such as 6 and 7. xD Once again, this is just my opinion. I'm not saying I'm right. xD A lot of fans did enjoy Final Fantasy 13 and the newer games, and a lot of them did not. That's all. xD

I agree completely with this and this is one of the very many reason that after IX I stopped buying and started playing pirated games. Like hell I'm gonna spend my hard-earned money on a game that basically just sucked 40+ hours of my life only to be remotely entertaining. It's gotta hold my attention if it's to actually be worth my time, and definitely worth my money. If someone on this board wants to waste money then that's their right, just as it's my right, and Laruin's to find the lastest games completely boring and a dragfest.

This Laurin is why I love you <3 We agree on so many things~ haha


___________________________________



http://www.youtube.com/TenshiKasumi http://www.youtube.com/kasumitenshi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFbxycBP6H8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrNejxtlCM8&feature=feedu http://bittersweet.radiant-sky.net/ http://tenshi-kasumi.deviantart.com/ http://tenshi-kasumi.livejournal.com

31 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 3rd April 2011, 5:47 pm

ThreadstoTwelve

avatar
Epic Director
Epic Director
Okaaaay I get it's an opinion thing, no need to team up... I just said, let those who enjoy it buy it and those who don't can do whatever they please...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreadstoTwelve http://www.youtube.com/Threadsto12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAecDssQJ0&list=UU_TkGVkgtGKNENHRnbxR1XQ http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreadstoTwelve http://twineofthetwelve.deviantart.com/ http://threadstotwelve.livejournal.com/ http://www.formspring.me/ThreadstoTwelve

32 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 3rd April 2011, 10:44 pm

Rachelplum

avatar
Epic Director
Epic Director
It's all opinion anyway ^^
Do you think FF will keep making spinoffs now or focus on seperate installments? I mean based on how XIII-2 does they might stop doing them. I wish there was more about it. I keep imagining Lightning in concert xD

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rachelplum

33 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 4th April 2011, 5:09 am

Seeraai

avatar
Artistic Genius
Artistic Genius
@ThreadstoTwelve wrote:Whatever the case, they have remade FF4 and that's barely ever even talked about....
Simply because it's a final Fantasy which isn't as popular as the later ones and also remade for the DS which I believe is a big part of it. If it was made for a console which could handle better graphics everyone would be like, "OMG have you seen the new graphics for that new remake of FF4? Not to mention this, this and this!" I think there would be more of a hype for remakes on consoles like the PS3 and 360 rather than hand held consoles.

@Rachelplum wrote:She barely spoke to Vanille in what we are seen and I don't know...she got her happy ending you know? It would make more sense for Hope to be looking for them because he didn't have the reunion at the end like the others did. But then again, he never really interacted with Fang much so it's the same as Lightning saving Vanille.
I think that Lightning's gone off to rescue them since that's all she can do, you know? She's a soldier who's purpose has been to fight and now she's a L'cie with all these magical powers, if I was a trained soldier I think that's how I'd live the rest of my life anyway. Unlike Serah, she doesn't have another half to settle down with to start a family and move on, but she knows how to fight. Plus it was said that the story is set while a way away from the first plot. But I don't know xD Just how I interpret that little though.

@ayannaaki wrote: Personally, i would like to see the Compilation continued
All good things must come to an end. It'd be interesting to see what happens next and what they come up with but really now, all they're doing is trying to find loop holes to squeeze other things in into the canon. If they hadn't already made the prequel and sequels they have now they could have made a different story easily that fit into the complitation - which could have been better or even worse than the one we have now. All I really know is, is if they keep on continuing the story it's going to just die. And rather sooner than later for me IMO. Right now they're exhausting the story rather than letting it end with all it's pride. The story has been raped multiple times and it's all getting a little "eh" for me T_T Which is why I wouldn't hate a remake, because the story is already great and the characters are great and at the time the graphics were advanced too but all that would need doing is remaking the graphics and keeping to the original story - I'd be satisfied with that remake. They'd probably even add in voice actors (which I think both can add and take away from the game) once thing I loved about FF7, 6, etc is that you could name the Characters anything you wanted.

@Tenshi Kasumi wrote:I honestly though don't see Final Fantasy having a good future
I agree T_T

@ThreadstoTwelve wrote:I think a lot of people didn't like 8 because the Drawing system was sort of extremely boring after so long...
I'm replaying FF8 as of now. I totally disagree, but I can see where you're coming from and understand why you think that. But I love FF8 because you actually have to THINK and use strategy when it comes to Junctioning for battle. And the best thing about it? You don't have to level up in FF8, because the monsters stay around the same level as your highest levelled character. There's even a "no level up" walk-through for the game: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197343-final-fantasy-viii/faqs/19814
You can be as lazy as you want and even still get through the game and the story. So the game is actually not hard for casual gamers since you're not actually required to level to get to the end to defeat the boss! ^_^

@BlehxIshxMe wrote:I just don't think it's fair that XIII gets a sequel already, and yet they can't even release a date for Versus. Seriously now. >>
It's only getting a sequel since they had a lot of stuff they cut from XIII, a lot of places that were not included and all these graphics etc - that they paid money for. Tweak them a bit, add in a story and newly composed music and wuallah, get the voice actors in, already got the fan-base release it. Not much work really needed since the hard part that takes the longest amount of time is already made for them. Unless they decide to make the gameplay a little less restrictive and bring back much loved elements that the others have.

@ThaliaAnderson wrote:& SE was making FFXIII for yeeeears. Like, as soon as the PS3 made its debut they were starting work on the game ASAP.
Actually, way before. FF13 was first started on the PS2 and was first announced for the, the PS3 was then developed and they moved onto making everything for the PS3. Probably wasted a couple of years too.

@ThreadstoTwelve wrote:Okaaaay I get it's an opinion thing, no need to team up like a load of damn wolves...
And - Hey, nobody is teaming up on you, especially not like any "damn wolves" far from it, kay? Relax a little. Tenshi obviously hit the quote button on Laurin's post and is agreeing about feeling the waste of money when you spend so much for a game nowadays for something which is a disappointment. She never had a go at you, and nor did Laurin - she just pointed out that you were a little harsh that's all. Far from "teaming up like damn wolves"

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSeeraAi http://seeraai.deviantart.com/ http://formspring.me/SeeraAi http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seeraai

34 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 14th April 2011, 11:22 am

wweworldwrestling

avatar
Vidder For Fun
Vidder For Fun
For Cloud finally defeating Sephiroth forever. (I don't think it's going to happen but...) It would probably be In Advent Children 2 or a remake of FFVII. As for the future ofc XIII-2 Is going to be released. That game Is looking a bit weird but cool at the same time. Versus and Agito (Type-0) will also be released, both look just badass. After those I assume they'll work on KH3 and FFXV.

@Seeraai wrote:

@ThaliaAnderson wrote:& SE was making
FFXIII for yeeeears. Like, as soon as the PS3 made its debut they were
starting work on the game ASAP.
Actually, way before. FF13
was first started on the PS2 and was first announced for the, the PS3
was then developed and they moved onto making everything for the PS3.
Probably wasted a couple of years too.

Source for this? It doesn't make a lot of sense since FFXII(12) was released In Japan In March 16, 2006. So they couldn't have been working on 13 to much at least. Never mind just saw a In any case It's better that It's on the PS3 and 360 than the PS2. And the development for the PS3 version started around January 2008. PS3 was released In 2006 In Japan and 2007 In the rest of the world.

@Rachelplum wrote:Wasn't Versus first mentioned in like, 2007? lol this better be good to take so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVt4C95t660

As you can see it begun at least in 2006. I have faith in it becoming something awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wweworldwrestling http://www.youtube.com/user/The3rdbirthdays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUS-Xyl-hQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEcXTTw-Ubo http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u26915/byakuya17.html http://www.infinitynodna.deviantart.com/ http://myanimelist.net/profile/byakuya17

35 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 22nd April 2011, 5:16 am

Seeraai

avatar
Artistic Genius
Artistic Genius
@wweworldwrestling wrote:For Cloud finally defeating Sephiroth forever. (I don't think it's going to happen but...) It would probably be In Advent Children 2 or a remake of FFVII. As for the future ofc XIII-2 Is going to be released. That game Is looking a bit weird but cool at the same time. Versus and Agito (Type-0) will also be released, both look just badass. After those I assume they'll work on KH3 and FFXV.

@Seeraai wrote:

@ThaliaAnderson wrote:& SE was making
FFXIII for yeeeears. Like, as soon as the PS3 made its debut they were
starting work on the game ASAP.
Actually, way before. FF13
was first started on the PS2 and was first announced for the, the PS3
was then developed and they moved onto making everything for the PS3.
Probably wasted a couple of years too.

Source for this? It doesn't make a lot of sense since FFXII(12) was released In Japan In March 16, 2006. So they couldn't have been working on 13 to much at least. Never mind just saw a In any case It's better that It's on the PS3 and 360 than the PS2. And the development for the PS3 version started around January 2008. PS3 was released In 2006 In Japan and 2007 In the rest of the world.

@Rachelplum wrote:Wasn't Versus first mentioned in like, 2007? lol this better be good to take so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVt4C95t660

As you can see it begun at least in 2006. I have faith in it becoming something awesome.

My source? My memory!
But if you need links then here's some to serve as evidence: :)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/31/ffxiii-development-started-on-ps2-delayed-launch-by-a-year-and/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

"Development of Final Fantasy XIII began in 2005. At the time, the game was intended to be released on the PlayStation 2.[43] After the positive reception of the tech demo of Final Fantasy VII, Square moved the game to the PlayStation 3 and developed it for the Crystal Tools engine, a seventh generation multiplatform game engine created by Square Enix for its future games."

So actually, no the development for FF13 didn't start in 2008 and yes they did waste a year or so for development for the PS3. It started in 2005 for the ps2 and when the ps3 was released in late 2006, FF13 was then being developed for the ps3, since it was screened on the E3 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3P15hTnfA

Why advertise a game that hadn't already started development? =S

Plus, how could Versus 13 have started development in 2006 and FF13, the first installment of the Final Fantasy
Fabula Nova Crystallis start in 2008 when again, they were both being developed for the same console? That would be contradictory ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSeeraAi http://seeraai.deviantart.com/ http://formspring.me/SeeraAi http://myanimelist.net/profile/Seeraai

36 Re: The Future of Final Fantasy on 28th April 2011, 1:22 am

xxBrokenRozexx

avatar
Vidder For Fun
Vidder For Fun
I'm so exctied because of Final Fantasy Versus and Final Fantasy XIII-2.
I've heard that FFXIII-2 is about how Lightning and Co. try to help Fang and vanille because they are still crystals... but I really don't know if this is right. :}


___________________________________



(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

You know you are in love
when you donĀ“t want to sleep
because reality is better than your dreams.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MarisMemories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01mfuJM73Rs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C69bayMRHg4 http://xxbrokenrozexx.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum