ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Female Age : 25
YT-Name : ThreadstoTwelve
Vidding Points : 3075

The Future of Final Fantasy

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 26th March 2011, 11:10 pm

Well this topic could be discussed for any Final Fantasy really but my idea was... We could discuss what we think the future of say, Final Fantasy VII might be.

How will Cloud defeat Sephiroth entirely? Final Fantasy VII-2? Advent Children 2? Dissidia sure as hell isn't going to be the cannon ending. How long will SE draw everything out?

Will they remake games like FF8 do you think? Or FF8-2? Ultimecia's sister Ursula uses her non-octopusal magic to kill Laguna and everyone must REVENGEEEE

Just throwing out ideas XD

FF9? Never played but still......What are the possibilities??

FF13-2? Any ideas? Noctis and Lightning get cannon together and have hundreds of children who become l'Cie and ....Destroy the world...And the Vanille comes back beats the crap out of that naughty child who rebelled.

FOOK, just a fun topic, discuss away X3 Preferably seriously, I'm just...being dumb.
Tifa326x
Creator God
Creator God

Female Age : 24
Vidding Points : 4190

Re: The Future of Final Fantasy

Post by Tifa326x on 27th March 2011, 1:42 am

I'm still split between wanting an FFVII Remake or not but I remember you brought up that point that even if a remake was made, people could still go back to the old one if they wanted instead of complaining that it has been "ruined" because the original one will ALWAYS be there. Enix wouldn't just replace it for good lol

I think Enix are focusing on newer games at the moment rather than Prequels/Sequels. Even though they are really milking from KH..
Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Vidding Points : 2993

Post by Rachelplum on 27th March 2011, 1:28 pm

I think if they remade anything again it'd be like V or VI, I don't think they'll ever remake 7, just keep going along with the story. Like for example, what happened to Genesis. DoC sets up ANOTHER sequel, but I think they'll focus on Lightning and stuff for a while (which is a shame.)
I don't know about XIII-2....hopefully whatever the future is, it's good xD

I'd love sequels or remakes but I think most of the games reached a good conclusion. But I think that about the ones they've done sequels to as well though...lolol

I wonder what Genesis' story will be if they do make a sequel for him.
ashe12mariana
Epic Director
Epic Director

Female Age : 23
YT-Name : Mariana
Vidding Points : 3108

Post by ashe12mariana on 27th March 2011, 3:53 pm

I think SE will end up making a FFVII remake due to the high demand from the fans. Still, I don't like FFVII very much. I wanted them to make a FFIX remake!

As for FFXIII-2, I think it won't be as bad as FFX-2. I think almost everyone likes the FFXIII characters, which means that, at least in characters, FFXIII-2 won't be very bad. As for Versus XIII, I think it will be amazing!

Proud member of Legacy Hearts Studios and leader of Tears From An Angel Studios.
Please visit our website and help us improve our work! Leave us your suggestions and comments!

Wishes can come true! But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves.
Seeraai
Artistic Genius
Artistic Genius

YT-Name : Sarah
Vidding Points : 4121

Post by Seeraai on 27th March 2011, 5:54 pm

I think they would probably only remake FF7 when they really start hurting for cash... =/
Think about it, one of the most on demand Final Fantasy remakes - if they ever needed to really bring in the money they'd make it when they needed to, kinda of like a life line they have.

ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 27th March 2011, 6:36 pm

It would take a lot of money and resources for a FF7 remake, I'm doubting it'd be the reason of them making it. They're said before that one of the reasons they are wreary is because they'd have to change a lot of things... Whatever the case, they have remade FF4 and that's barely ever even talked about....

And Dissidia has created FMV/game designs for the main characters, I think Square might be hyped to remake some of their old games in the coming years. Maybe 10 years...Maybe they're gonna strew them throughout the next ten. v@@v

And FFXIII-2... I have a terrible feeling we won't be seeing Snow/Sazh/everyone as much as the first time. I hope I'm wrong lol. I feel like it's be leading up to the Noctis FF13 Versus whatever that's all about Hell if I know >>

I bet they'll expand on the exploring of worlds, world maps instead of narrow hallways. "Run from point A to point B, examine the graphics, fight a hard boss til you get mad" X3

They'll probly make that better...So I hope
Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by Rachelplum on 27th March 2011, 8:13 pm

I've got a bad feeling that that won't change T_T
I agree though I think the story's heading more in the direction of Noctis' theme - the Goddess etc.
I hope we see Snow etc more...am I the only one who finds it odd though that Lightning is that bothered about saving Fang and Vanille? She barely spoke to Vanille in what we are seen and I don't know...she got her happy ending you know? It would make more sense for Hope to be looking for them because he didn't have the reunion at the end like the others did. But then again, he never really interacted with Fang much so it's the same as Lightning saving Vanille.

I don't think I want any remakes xD I like things as they are. I'd love to see it done again, but I think what I really want is just a new FF that's good xD
ayannaaki
Vidder For Fun
Vidder For Fun

Female Age : 19
YT-Name : Phoebe Langford
Vidding Points : 2352

Post by ayannaaki on 27th March 2011, 8:40 pm

Nomura also said that Complete may be the last installment of the Compilation for some time, but he and Takeshi Nozue have other ideas and are contemplating another film project.

Interesting info there for you. Personally, i would like to see the Compilation continued. But i read somewhere that while it will be continued, they are going to finish it by the 20th anniversary. I'm very interested to see how FFXIII-2 goes, too. I think most of the characters are returning with slightly different personalities and there will be lots more new characters as well. As for a VII remake, i would like to see how they would do that. It would take a lot of time and while a remake is on the cards, SE simply have too much else going on to remake VII.
ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 27th March 2011, 10:54 pm

Square is are crazy busy now... KH spin offs and Remakes and FFs and -_-
Tenshi Kasumi
Vidder For Fun
Vidder For Fun

YT-Name : Aubrey
Vidding Points : 2838

Post by Tenshi Kasumi on 28th March 2011, 6:05 am

@Seeraai wrote:I think they would probably only remake FF7 when they really start hurting for cash... =/
Think about it, one of the most on demand Final Fantasy remakes - if they ever needed to really bring in the money they'd make it when they needed to, kinda of like a life line they have.

Well this was posted recently, but it seems like an obvious prank even with the e-mail addresses being from square-enix supposidly.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/396/s2zhva.jpg

I honestly though don't see Final Fantasy having a good future. Even though I've never played XII or XIII word was that both actually sucked, and I also remember not a lot of people were happy with X-2, or even just X. . .

Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by Rachelplum on 28th March 2011, 1:07 pm

I really enjoyed XII, I feel like XIII's battle system was a huge step back from XII's.
Ahh if only that was true, but the spelling errors etc tell otherwise.
They are churning out stuff like no tomorrow, so many spin offs, sequels etc. And if it isn't a game, they are getting people to write novels for them.
Perhaps with Agito, 4 Complete, Versus and XIII-2 all we'll see for awhile otherwise is just spinoff novels?
BlehxIshxMe
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor

YT-Name : Laurin
Vidding Points : 2943

Post by BlehxIshxMe on 28th March 2011, 9:47 pm

I'm probably going to be hated for this post, but I seriously don't care. I mean, gameplay is a very important part of a game, but do you know what else is, too?

Characters. Story. Plot. Resolution.

Final Fantasy games have been on a gradual decline since FF9. Yes, I am saying X was a decline, but I'll get to that later. I do believe Final Fantasy games are seriously seriously overrated. Final Fantasy XIII, a game I have waited anxiously for, was a major let down for me. The ONLY good part was the combat system. That I enjoyed. But, once again, gameplay does not make a good game! There are so many other elements that have to be taken into consideration, and Square has just failed.

Let's take a look at the major Final Fantasys, shall we? Starting from their money maker:

FINAL FANTASY VII:
Now, like the rest of you, I have played FF7. As a kid, I loved it. It was ingenious, but as I grow older and play other RPGs, I come to realize that the game....just isn't as enjoyable anymore. Actually, I find it kind of overrated. The plot has so many holes in it that it needed four other games and movies to tie it together. But don't think I'm hating, entirely. I do love the cast of Final Fantasy Seven. I believe it was Square's most original cast. But here is the problem: there is a Tifa-type, Cloud-type, Yuffie-type in EVERY SINGLE GAME. Overall, though, the game set a new standard for RPG, blah blah blah~ Whatever. It's still a good game, despite my rants.

Now, Final Fantasy VIII is my absolute favorite game. Why? Well, the characters in this game got a LOT of development, therefore it is easy for me to relate and like them. Squall is my favorite protagonist, hands down. The music is nice, the graphics were and are STILL better than some games today, and the plot is rather creative. However, it isn't as popular as VII. Why? Honestly, I have no idea, but that's just my opinion.

Final Fantasy IX is a game I cannot really say much about. I've only played about 4 hours of it, before I had to stop altogether. I feel like they took a step BACK from VIII, graphics-wise. However, my best friend says this is his favorite Final Fantasy game, and he plays it at least once a year. I'm guessing it's a good game? So yeah.

Final Fantasy X I won't get into too much, but I have not completed the game. I did, however, get really far into it. Story was good, music was good, gameplay was good, but I disliked characterization. Too blah for me, but you know.

I think I was the only person on the planet who did not mind Final Fantasy XII. I liked the music, and the characters, but wasn't too big on the plot and the gameplay. That's okay; it made it a pretty even balanced game.

13 was a complete...mess, for me. Like a previously stated, I did not like it. Now, why this huge rant? Because...because I can! ><

As for the future of Final Fantasy...I wish they'd just end it and wrap up Kingdom Hearts, and then start on something new. Instead, they choose to create half-assed games that true fans don't even really like.....-Sigh-
Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by Rachelplum on 28th March 2011, 9:55 pm

I liked it when a character could grow within the plot and it didn't seem forced - Squall for example. I didn't see Lightning's change of heart as a natural thing...it was really odd how both Lightning and Hope could HATE Snow then suddenly completely change their minds. Squall grew as a person and gradually let people in but FF13 was a bit strange.
Also...I don't think they developed the characters backstories much in the later games. Sazh was a nice character though. I thought the way he was happy (yet inwardly sad) was better done than Vanille.
I enjoy all FFs but the later games I've enjoyed a lot less. Especially 13.

Side note, 8 was my fave too :)
ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 29th March 2011, 6:58 am

I think a lot of people didn't like 8 because the Drawing system was sort of extremely boring after so long... And yeah yeah yeah, play Triple Triad and get the abilities from GFs to convert items into spells- still pretty hard, time consuming and boring and as a newcomer to FInal Fantasy games playing it I was really put off when all of my characters were dealing 56 damage at level 60 still. My second playthrough I watched an HCBailly walkthrough and got a lot more done but it was waaaaaay. too hard for a simple casual player...
However I do like the characters. I like Squall very much, I might be one of the only people on earth to appreciate Zell, Irvine's fun, and the girls...Well you've got your common complaints but to be honest they too were fine.

FFX ... I can't seem to get myself playing it yet I got it two Christmases ago...Oops

We all know I like FFVII, it just has a homey feeling for me...

And to sum it all up... I really actually DON'T want Square to stop making 'cheap spin off's and games 'true fans don't even like'....

Granted, Dirge of Cerberus was a bit of a waste of time in a way but I still liked it, found it fun... Crisis Core was an awesome bit, all the Kingdom Hearts games have been fun and added little new things to try out in each one...

I really can't understand why so many people complain, because it IS still fun, each in their own way. And we all have our favorites and we all are excited when we see our fave charcters return for more... Well I am.

Just look at it positively Dx
BlehxIshxMe
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor

Post by BlehxIshxMe on 29th March 2011, 7:53 am

I suppose it's how you look at it. xD I don't find those games enjoyable but, rather, a waste of my money. : P
ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 29th March 2011, 8:27 am

Then steal 'em foo! *Dresses up like a ninja*
Marindariin
Epic Director
Epic Director

Female Age : 23
YT-Name : Tuike
Vidding Points : 2878

Post by Marindariin on 29th March 2011, 11:59 pm

@BlehxIshxMe wrote:/long rant

Seconding this. I kinda wish they'd just stop making new Final Fantasies already after Versus etc. are released at some point, though I think Versus and Type-0 are going to be the new Duke Nukem Forever at this rate... They just push the release date further and further. I'm still a bit excited for those games anyway because there's actually BLOOD when you strike the enemy with a sword!

Also, all my rage for FFXIII-2. The first one was bad already (the graphics were great, though), why do they have to make a sequel?

Well, I haven't watched that much of Gurren Lagann, but Princess Euphemia's the enemy, right?
ThaliaAnderson
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Female Age : 22
Vidding Points : 4002

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 30th March 2011, 4:57 am

Trying to catch up!
Having not played the original, I wouldn't mind an FFVII remake, because I think it'd be fun to have more clips to edit with, just because they're remaking a lot of the older ones.

Unpopular opinion time!
Despite what everyone else says, I'm really enjoying FFXIII so far, and I'm more than halfway through it now. As far as anybody knows FFXIII-2 won't involve Noctis at all; it's about Lightning's personal journey to try and find a way to rescue Fang & Vanille, the same way they rescued Serah.

Anyway, about FFXIII, I think the game is wonderful. The graphics are nice, I really love the paradigm system (if they combined the FFXII & FFXIII battle systems, they'd hit gold) and the dialogue sounds natural, like an actual conversation, which was lacking in FFXII, at least for me.

I also adored FFX-2 and I honestly can't see why anybody hated it, because you actually get some really great closure with the Tidus/Yuna situation. Whatever, it focused more on Yuna and her journey and "ruined" her image; I think that's all bullcrap; Yuna is my favorite character from anything, and I admire everything she stands for and is as a person, and despite the gunner crap, she was still the same strong, admirable character there was.

Personally, I don't think SE should stop making Final Fantasies; not quite yet. They have some really great stories and characters that you want to hold on to.

Now, I haven't had a chance to play some of the older FFs; I have FFVIII now and I'm going to get FFVII/FFIX/FFT on the PSN when I have the money. I'll finish FFXIII and play some of the other ones, so I can form a well-rounded opinion. But I literally cannot like something if I don't feel an attachment to the characters in some way; so you can't really say the characters are dead or have no personalities or are generic, because I'm still feeling something deep and emotional for those guys; FFX, X-2, XII, XIII; the ones I've played.

Anyway, I think people shouldn't complain that SE is making more/newer FF games. I mean, really. Why does anyone think FFXIII was so awful? Just because it wasn't FFVII? It has a great story and natural characters.

So, that's my two cents. I like sequels, I like prequels, I like new games; SE has a good thing going, and it's still good, and I don't think they should give it up; think of how many people found refuge or familiarity in Lightning's character or Vanille's? You never know what they'll come up with next and I think it's only fair that some of the people who've only gotten to experience a few get to experience a few more with the characters they love, even if they're not the ones you love.

Thalia's Book Reviews
BlehxIshxMe
Passionate Editor
Passionate Editor

Post by BlehxIshxMe on 30th March 2011, 7:08 am

I just don't think it's fair that XIII gets a sequel already, and yet they can't even release a date for Versus. Seriously now. >>
WizardOfCeles
Vidder For Life
Vidder For Life

Female Age : 29
Location : Press the [SELECT] button and I'll appear over your shiny little head!
Vidding Points : 2880

Post by WizardOfCeles on 30th March 2011, 7:56 am

I personally wouldn't mind seeing more Final Fantasy games, although I probably won't be buying every one that comes out. I'm already planning on skipping XIII-2, mostly because XIII's story felt very complete to me and I don't see the point of a sequel. Of course, I'm still hoping that VI will get more love, because that one is still my favorite (and the only game to get to the verge of tears over how beautifully done a scene was). I'd love to see Final Fantasy get back to the steampunk-ish fantasy of the SNES games and IX. Or more Ivalice. *cough*Vagrant Story*cough*

And on a side note, I loved FFXII. Gray and gray morality with not-evil-but-still-need-to-be-stopped antagonists ftw.

ThaliaAnderson
Pure Awesomeness
Pure Awesomeness

Female Age : 22
Vidding Points : 4002

Post by ThaliaAnderson on 31st March 2011, 12:56 am

@Laurin: I agree; SE needs to at least give us a date for Versus. :[ Praying for 2012? At least we got a new trailer with some actual gameplay this year. But my guess what they were planning FFXIII-2 when they started planning FFXIII, since they knew some gamers probably would want to see what happened with Fang & Vanille (who, I actually, really do want back so that I can fulfill my Hope/Vanille dreams), so no surprise it's coming out so quickly. SE probably would have released it even if all the fans hated it, since it was probably already finished.

That's my guess, at least.

@Jelly: That was the most perfect way I've ever heard FFXII described.

EDIT:
I do find it incredibly stupid how they're introducing a new character in FFXIII-2 to "assist" Lightning or whatever; but I guess I understand; that's probably how people felt about Paine when she was announced in FFX-2. But I didn't see like, any Snow/Lightning in FFXIII thus far, so maybe they're just trying to give us someone to pair her with, hahaha.

Thalia's Book Reviews
ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 31st March 2011, 2:03 am

I'm pretty sure Versus was around 2014, forgot where I heard it though. I know Nomura said "Set your sights on other games for now because Versus won't be for a while."
Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by Rachelplum on 31st March 2011, 11:33 am

Wasn't Versus first mentioned in like, 2007? lol this better be good to take so long.
ThreadstoTwelve
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by ThreadstoTwelve on 1st April 2011, 1:18 am

Then don't buy it.
But some of us enjoy it.
Rachelplum
Epic Director
Epic Director

Post by Rachelplum on 1st April 2011, 12:47 pm

I'll be buying it I just wonder what will take 7 years to make lol when 13 and its sequel will be out in the meantime!
I hope you get to go into peoples houses and villages again and there is more interaction with NPCs like that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 24th May 2017, 12:30 am